DIY Facial Massage at Home
It doesn’t take much to see the effects of overloading and imbalance on your skin. So in times of stress and external pressures, take some time out and give your skin the gift of a self-guided face massage with clean non-toxic skincare.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert. The best part, it doesn’t take long to reap the benefits. In fact, facial massage can be one of the quickest, most effective ways to see a transformation in your skin and encourage skin repair. From increasing circulation to the face (bye-bye dullness), promoting lymphatic drainage (See ya, puffy eyes!), not to mention stimulating pressure points on our face to unlock tension. Because who are we kidding, stress and holidays are fairly synonymous! So instead of simply applying products on your face in a mad dash as you race to your next must do activity, set the intention to treat your skin with purpose.
A few tips before you begin:
-Always clean your hands and cleanse your face (preferably with non-toxic, ingredient rich skincare) before massaging.
-Apply our Active Boost Face Oil to the face
- Start from the neck area (always focus on moving towards the lymph nodes) and gently sweep up towards the jawline.
- Next, targeting your jaw, bend your index and middle finger on both hands and place your chin between your knuckles. Glide along your jawline to under your ears in a sweeping motion.
- You can be more vigorous on your cheeks, lifting and contouring the area in circular motions, or sweep up with your knuckles along the cheekbone.
- Gently pinch your eyebrows using thumb and forefinger and move along the brow to the outer edge. (Be gentle around the eye area as this is the thinnest skin on the face).
- And don’t forget the forehead, remembering to lift up those eyebrows towards the hairline with alternating finger strokes or upward and outward movements towards the hairline.
Go on, give it a go and tell your skin from us, you’re welcome.
Follow this video tutorial for added support: